How well your personal injury claim ends will greatly depend on how well it begins. If you can get everything documented and organized quickly and efficiently, you will have a better chance of showing the insurance company your side of the claim. You will also improve your chances of getting everything that you are entitled to receive.
After you have been injured, it is understandable that you will be upset, angry, and hurt. Since you are going through an emotional rollercoaster, you may not be in the right state of mind to try to start your insurance claim process. However, a couple of days after the accident has taken place, you should consult with an Odessa personal injury lawyer.
Here are some things you should keep in mind when it is time to fight for your compensation.
- Within the first few days of the accident, you should contact your insurance company.
- Write everything down that you can remember from the accident. Do not leave anything out, even if you think it may be insignificant.
- Make notes about how your injuries have impacted your daily life.
- As the days go on, you may remember some things from the accident.
- As soon as you remember something, write it down in your notepad.
- Make notes about what you have lost due to the injuries, such as your job, sick days, the ability to attend school, etc.
When it comes to filing a claim for a personal injury, you have to know what procedures to follow so you can receive a fair settlement. If you are not aware of the steps you should take and who you should contact to get the process started, we advise you to consult with a lawyer.
If you would like a consultation, do not hesitate to contact us today.