Many people who have been injured at work have to miss a significant amount of time away from work due to the unfortunate injuries. Being away from work for an extended amount of time can lead to many problems, including the following:
- Loss of income
- Inability to move around as easily as you previously did
- Not being able to pay your bills due to no income
- Constant pain
Another big problem that many injured workers face is depression. You have probably heard about the signs of depression or you may have a family member or friend who may have suffered from depression before. As Odessa work injury lawyers, we wanted to share this important information with you.
Signs and Symptoms Of Depression:
- Feelings of sadness and emptiness
- Feeling guilty
- Nothing makes you feel happy; your favorite hobbies no longer interest you
- Lack of energy
- Headaches or other pains on the body
- Not being able to concentrate or remember certain things
- Lack of eating or overeating
- Feeling as if there is no hope for you
- Having thoughts of suicide
Depression has an impact on people in various ways. For many people, the symptoms of depression are extremely severe and others can tell that something is right. For others, they have these feelings and they cannot really explain why they feel that way. The symptoms will not be the seem for every person.
However, if you find yourself dealing with depression after a work injury, you should strongly consider talking to your doctor. If you need more information about work-related injuries and what type of compensation you may be entitled to, contact us today.